Next month I will be speaking at South By Southwest! I’ve been invited to lead a core conversation on Dealing With Internet Drama in the Feminist Discourse with the event’s creator, Rachel McCarthy James of Deeply Problematic.
One of the perks of speaking at SXSW is a free badge for the Film and Interactive festivals. Here is a partial list of the things I am going to try to catch while I’m there:
- Why Would We Think Social Media Is Revolutionary?
- The New Queer Media
- Radical Openness: Growing TED by Giving it Away
- Getting Strategic with Social Media for Social Good
- Infinite Jest and the Internet
- Re-branding Birth Control: Behavior Change through Design
- The Female Funny: Is It Different For Girls?
- The Ballad of Genesis and Lady Jaye
- Natural Selection
- Who Took the Bomp? Le Tigre on Tour
If there are any other events or films you’d like me to cover, leave suggestions in the comment section or message me on Twitter.