Tiger Earplugs: Mal Blum

Yesterday I went to GayBiGayGay, the annual queer rock festival at the end of South By Southwest. This was their first year in a new location, it was a beautiful day, and the ZiegenBock was reasonably priced – so reasonably priced that I spent most of the afternoon trying to take a nap. But before I got too many drinks in, I saw Mal Blum!

She and Simon Littlejohn were absolutely wonderful. I absolutely recommend visiting her bandcamp page to listen to more of her music and buy her album.

[If you can think of a better title for a music series than "Tiger Earplugs" leave suggestions in the comments.

A tiny dachshund pumps his front paws vigorously before lying down and looking adorable.

1. [dave] wrote:

what a fun video. and i didn’t expect that kind of sound at all. nice surprise.

tiger drumbeat?
    tiger bass in your face?
    tiger sounds (RAR)
    tiger upbeat
    tiger throwdown?
    tiger bassdrop

Monday, March 21, 2011 at 1:32 pm | Permalink
  2. Agnes wrote:

As a resident of Baltimore, it’s always nice to see this city get a little media lovin! What a wonderful song/video!

Monday, March 21, 2011 at 1:56 pm | Permalink
  3. Em wrote:

I know the guy in the glasses. I know I know him, but I can’t place him. I think he has a band of his own.

Monday, March 21, 2011 at 3:00 pm | Permalink
  4. dave glasser wrote:

earbuds rather than earplugs, to bring music in rather than block it out?

tiger beatmatch?

tiger breakbeats?

Monday, March 21, 2011 at 3:15 pm | Permalink
  5. Jen wrote:

How about just Tiger Beats?

Monday, March 21, 2011 at 8:49 pm | Permalink
  6. Sara wrote:

This puppy + the chicken on your tumblr makes you official gif king of the internet

Tuesday, March 22, 2011 at 1:12 am | Permalink
  7. Morgan wrote:

Mal Blum played at my college not too long ago! I have loved her quite a long time. She stopped during one song and said, “But I was eighteen when I wrote that line, I wasn’t a feminist yet!” and she also covered Katy Perry’s “Teenage Dream” and said “But I don’t want you to think I like Katy Perry. I really don’t like her. I just don’t like who she is.” Maybe you had a similar experience Sadie, but I wanted the world to know to go to them shows.

Thursday, March 24, 2011 at 8:02 am | Permalink
  8. Georgia wrote:

All those windup toys are from the baltimore aquarium! (maybe. I’ve seen them there.)

Thursday, March 24, 2011 at 11:42 am | Permalink